ArcherPoint Dynamics NAV Developer Digest - vol 102
It’s like a joke that only coders would appreciate. Enjoy!
Saurav Dhyani shares an article on the top 5 features that make upgrading to NAV 2016 essential.
Crystal Hill asks, “Does anyone know of a tool that you can use that will time how long it takes parts of a page or report to load? I have a client that has a highly modified page, and he wants to cut the time down to open the page if possible. To do this he needs to know what parts of that page are causing the largest delays while the data is processing.” Saurav responds, “If the NAV version is 2013 R2 or higher, then you can use NAV Application Profiler. This provides details about what objects executed, with duration.” See his blog post on this.
Dan Sass shares a couple of Forbes articles, Despite Its Flaws, Holacracy Is Saving The Future Of Business and Be Your Own Role Model: 21 Ways to Earn Your Own Respect.
Adrian Gan shares a quick tip,
How to prevent your eyes from aching after staring at your PC screen all day:
Change the screen color to a green tint. It takes just a couple minutes and will dramatically improve your outlook (literally and figuratively). It especially works well for people who work with the NAV environment, as well as MS Office such as Word/Excel/Outlook. Below are instructions that may look complicated, but are actually quite easy.
For Windows 8/8.1 users:
- Press Windows Key (Windows Logo) and letter key R at the same time (Win+R shortcut) to open the “Run" box.
- Type in “regedit” as a command and click “OK”. And then Click “Yes” in the pop-up warning message box.
- In the Registry Editor panel, click following this path: HKEY_CURRENT_USER > Control Panel > Colors > Window.
- Double click the "Window" item, and then change the "Value Data" to “204 232 207” (space between number). Then Click Ok.
- Restart your PC. And your screen will look like the screenshots below.
Note: For Win 8/8.1, the screen color returns back to sharp white if you login your PC again after locking/logging off your system. But every time you start/restart your PC, the changing becomes effective. Wins 7 users do not have this problem.
For Windows 7 users (much easier than Wins 8 users!):
- Right Click > Personalize > Windows Color
- Under the “Item:” dropdown list box, select “Window”. Click “Color 1:” right beside the dropdown list box, and then click “Other”.
- On the color selection panel on the right, key in 85, 104 and 205 for Hue, Sat, and Lum respectively. And then click "Add to Custom Colors". Click “OK”.
- The system will automatically direct you back to the “Window Color” box, just click “Apply” and “OK”, wait for several seconds and you are good to go!
ArcherPoint has started a Wellness Challenge Yammer group to share our tips and tricks for healthy habits and to challenge each other to be healthier. For you road warriors, Avi Gur shares his favorite on-the-road workout, The Scientific 7-Minute Workout. There’s an app for it, too! How do you use Yammer to stay connected with your team?
If you are interested in NAV development, check out our collection of NAV Development Blogs.
For step-by-step instructions on how to perform specific tasks in Microsoft Dynamics NAV, see our collection of NAV How-To blogs.
If you found this post useful, you might also be interested to read through our archive of the Dynamics NAV Developer Digest.