Microsoft Dynamics NAV solutions for manufacturing
Boost operational efficiency and effectively manage production
Manufacturers have always been challenged to reduce costs while improving quality, respond to customer needs and market demands, and, of course, make a profit. But as a manufacturer, your world has become much more complicated. Increasing and more complex demands from trading partners and growing involvement from overseas have made it imperative for manufacturers to take on a larger role in the supply chain.
At ArcherPoint, we work with manufacturers every day to help them achieve these goals and more. With decades of experience, Microsoft Dynamics NAV, and the right tools, we can help you better manage your operations through an integrated manufacturing solution, tailored to your needs and designed to deliver real value. From forecasting and planning to production and shipping, we’ll get you where you want to go.
Automating manufacturing processes can help you streamline operations, increasing production, saving you money, and making your customers happy. Dynamics NAV can make that happen, but automating processes will only get you part way to optimal operational efficiency. The key is to automate the right processes. ArcherPoint can work with you evaluate your current processes, address complex issues such as inventory costing, and develop a plan for streamlining those processes, and build a solution that will help you automate them.
Forecasting requires access to critical information, and we can deliver. With visibility into real-time data, you can improve the accuracy of your forecasts and better manage production, which means reduced lead times, smarter inventory management, higher quality, and a positive impact on the bottom line.
Sharing data is increasingly important in the supply chain. The ability to provide information such as advance ship notices to trading partners is critical. With fast, flexible access to your data, you can efficiently share important information to streamline interactions and maintain optimum productivity.
Fulfillment is becoming more complex, especially in a global market. With advanced warehouse management functionality, you can handle any fulfillment demand.
Customers want fast response to last-minute requests, changes, rush orders, requests for exceptions. They also want quick accurate responses to questions about status and delivery. The flexibility Dynamics NAV is famous for makes it easy for you to respond to those needs and increase customer service—and loyalty.
Changing markets constantly demand adjustments to manufacturing processes, expansion into new markets, new delivery methods, and changes in how and where you get supplies. Dynamics NAV can help you react quickly to those demands by staying agile, while keeping your eye on new opportunities.
Access to data is the cornerstone of making smart business decisions. With robust reporting and business intelligence capabilities and easy access to your data in Dynamics NAV, you’ll have unprecedented visibility into every corner of operations, so you can plan, forecast, manage operations, reduce costs, and take care of your trading partners and customers.
EDI is an essential component in the supply chain. We offer complete EDI functionality, fully integrated with Dynamics NAV, so you can comply with trading partner requirements.
Make-to-order, configure-to-order, engineer-to-order companies face some unique challenges. With a fully integrated product configurator, you can reduce order processing time, cost, and errors.
Microsoft Dynamics NAV manufacturing functionality includes:
- Improve coordination of made-to-order requests
- Simplify make-or-buy decisions
- Modify components and operations as needed, even on released production orders
- Plan product family orders that share the same routing to create efficient build schedules
Bills of Material (BOMs)
- Integrate different types of BOMs and customized definitions into manufacturing operations
- Support time-to-market and time-to-volume objectives
- Create, track, and process multiple versions of BOMs and routings
- Access an overview of production schedules displayed in Gantt charts
- Use drag-and-drop functionality to reschedule operations
- Promise orders more accurately with available-to-promise (ATP) and capable-to-promise (CTP) insight
- Quickly make exceptions and last-minute changes to meet customer needs
- Plan from the sales order, production order, or purchase requisition, or use traditional master production schedule (MPS) or material requirements planning (MRP) methods
- Facilitate materials flow through the supply chain with multilocation planning capabilities
- Update and change all materials, costs, and operations simultaneously
- Analyze sales patterns from multiple perspectives
- Compare forecasted demand with actual sales
- Consolidate and distribute demand plans with multiple stakeholders for collaborative planning
Capacity Requirements Planning
- Implement realistic plans according to all incoming resource capacity demands
- Redefine order modifiers and reorder policies as needed
- Accommodate changing shop floor workloads
- Simplify planning with calendars and machine center allocation tools
Warehouse and Inventory Management
- Integrate manufacturing and warehousing functionality
- Optimize warehouse layout and space utilization
- Maintain up-to-date inventory information
- Manage manufacturing costing
- Understand item costs throughout the production process, including inventory, WIP, and cost of goods sold (COGS)
- Manage sales and purchase prices with customers and vendors
- Effectively utilize your automated data collection system (ADCS)
- Collect and use accurate inventory data in real time
- Increase the visibility of accurate inventory data throughout your business
- Improve warehouse efficiency
Extend your Dynamics NAV software
ArcherPoint works closely with the following proven solution providers to extend the value of your Dynamics NAV software for manufacturing:
- Lanham and Associates – supply chain planning and execution for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- Sologlobe – material management solutions
- SPS Commerce – a comprehensive, on-demand supply chain solution that integrates with Dynamics NAV
Talk to an ArcherPoint representative about how Microsoft Dynamics NAV can help your company manage its manufacturing challenges.