Better Business from ArcherPoint
Main Street vs. the Internet:
The Sales Tax Showdown is Coming
In an ArcherPoint guest article, Avalara discusses the MarketPlace Fairness Act and its potential implications:
On May 6, the Senate passed the Marketplace Fairness Act by a vote of 69-27, and it will now go to the House for approval. Retailers are divided on issue, but whether you’re for it or against it, chances are it will affect your business one way or another. If passed, states will be given authority to require out-of-state or “remote” sellers to collect sales tax on sales made in that state, regardless of whether the seller has a physical presence or “nexus.”
The proposed bill could result in a major increase in the number of retail businesses that are required to collect sales tax, and it’s not just online retailers who will feel the impact. Vendors that sell via catalog and over the phone will also see changes in their out-of-state compliance requirements.
Read the entire article
ArcherPoint News & Events
Haven't used the ArcherPoint Support Portal? See what you're missing!
Go to at https://support.archerpoint.com or the ArcherPoint website to submit support requests and track their progress, approve estimates, upload screen shots, browse the Knowledge Base, or communicate with Technical Services team. Contact us with questions or to arrange a training session for your staff.
Lunch & Learn Webinar: Mobile Service Management for NAV
Join ArcherPoint and ExpandIT to learn how you can optimize your mobile staff with Mobile Service Management solutions for NAV. You will learn how to increase productivity and customer satisfaction while reducing errors and costs, speed up your billing cycle, improve communications and flow of information to reduce trips to the office, streamline dispatching and planning, improve mobile inventory management, and more.
May 15, 2013 - 2 PM ET
Lunch & Learn Webinar: High-Impact Reporting with Jet Express for NAV
Looking for a fast, simple way to create high-impact reports in Dynamics NAV? Join ArcherPoint and Jet Reports to see how Jet Reports Express, a fully integrated reporting solution included with Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2009 and NAV 2013, can give you the power to create dynamic, Excel based reporting with ease.
June 5, 2013 - 2 PM ET
Lunch & Learn Webinar: Microsoft Excel Tips and Tricks
Learn different functions in Excel that you can put into practice today. Tips include creating drop down lists within a spreadsheet, conditional formatting tricks, using Pivot Tables, how to save time copying formulas, and much more. Grab a cup of coffee and join us for this exciting, informative session where you are sure to learn something new that can save you time and have you better leveraging Microsoft’s flagship application today.
July 23, 2013 - 2 PM ET
Lunch & Learn Webinar: Jet Reports Enterprise - Should You Upgrade?
This session will show you how to upgrade and use the latest features and offerings for the Jet Suite of Solutions in 2013. Find out what version you are currently running, how to upgrade, and access new resources to use the latest report building features. Also learn about Business Intelligence, how it is distinguished from reporting, and see how to get instant dashboards and trending with the Jet Enterprise upgrade. Join us for a web event packed with valuable content and fun!
August 14, 2013 - 2 PM ET
Visit ArcherPoint's Resource Center to see recordings of recent web events.
NAV Community News
ChargeLogic Connect: Easy E-Commerce, Secure Remote Storage, and Click-to-Pay Invoicing for NAV
Join ChargeLogic for a free, hour long web demonstration of ChargeLogic Connect, the leading cloud-based service for Microsoft Dynamics NAV. Connect is a PCI validated payment gateway that provides an easy way to integrate ChargeLogic Payments and NAV with e-commerce sites to get up and running fast.
May 23, 2013 - 2 PM ET
ChargeLogic Payments: The Leading PCI Compliant Credit Card and Payment Processing Solution for NAV
Join ChargeLogic for a free, hour long web demonstration of ChargeLogic Payments to see how Payments can process: credit cards, check cards, debit cards, gift cards, EBT, Level 2 & 3 purchase cards, electronic checks, and check verification.
May 30, 2013 - 2 PM ET
ChargeLogic Shipping: The Intelligent, Integrated and Easy Shipping Solution for NAV
Join ChargeLogic for a free, hour long web demonstration of ChargeLogic Shipping, a streamlined application that incorporates all the key functionality needed for packing and shipping. Featuring Smart Pack and Smart Weight Technologies, ChargeLogic Shipping is packed with features that make everything easier – from identifying what items are in which packages for real-time tracking to making returns a snap for customers.
June 6 - 2 PM ET
Register for NAVUG Forum!: Early Bird Registration Through June 30
NAVUG Forum, scheduled for October 22-24 in Tampa, FL, immerses you in the NAV community, equipping you with knowledge you can start using immediately. Focused exclusively on Dynamics NAV, Forum is attended by Partners, developers, and users, and has strong support from Microsoft.
If you’re a NAVUG member, register for NAVUG Forum.
If you’re not a NAVUG member and want to be a part of a dynamic group that will change the way you work with Dynamics NAV, join NAVUG today and be a part of the future of this amazing product and its engaged community.
Learn more about NAVUG membership.
NAVUG is a convenient way to gain valuable knowledge from NAV experts. Learn more and sign up for any of the events below:
- 5/13 - Ask the Experts: Manufacturing
- 5/15 - Academy: Reporting in NAV 101 - RTC
- 5/22 - Special Interest Group: Finance
- 5/23 - Lunch & Learn: Excel Pivot Tables Crash Course
- 5/24 - Academy: Developer Series - Pages
- 5/29 - NAVUG Forum 2013 Preview
- 6/11 - Special Interest Group: International Installations
Microsoft News & Events
Discounts and Promotions
- Until June 21st, eligible Microsoft Dynamics customers who have lapsed from their Microsoft Dynamics NAV service plan can reenroll in their Microsoft Dynamics Business Ready Enhancement plan with discounted lapsed fees.
- Until May 30th, Microsoft Dynamics NAV existing customers who attended Convergence 2013 are eligible to receive a 20% discount on additional NAV users and/or modules meeting a minimum System Price List value of $2,400. The discount may be applied across certain product line or edition transition fees.
- Until June 21st, existing NAV customers can receive up to 30% off of Microsoft’s standard list price when purchasing two or more select a la carte modules or granules.
- Until June 21st, existing NAV customers can receive up to 20% off their next qualifying license purchase, user additionss, or new module purchases. Dynamics NAV customers are also eligible for up to 20% off list price when purchasing select modules or granules.
- Microsoft has special offers for referrals from existing customers. If you know someone thinking of purchasing Dynamics NAV, let us know! Starter Pack promo for new NAV customers runs through June 15.
Contact ArcherPoint for more information on these and other offers from Microsoft.
Dynamics NAV Financials Blog
Connect with us:
Sign up to receive invoices electronically