ArcherPoint Dynamics NAV Developer Digest - vol 218
The NAV community, including the ArcherPoint technical staff, is made up of developers, project managers, and consultants who are constantly communicating, with the common goal of sharing helpful information with one another to help customers be more successful.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them on blogs, forums, social media...so everyone can benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this community—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share this great information with everyone who might not have the time to check out the multitude of resources out there? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from NAV experts and devotees around the world. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
Business Central Release Notes for October 2018
In case you missed last month’s release notes for Business Central…
Advanced filtering is what it was all about. Apply filters to multiple fields to analyze trends or anomalies, or look for specific records. Much time is spent by users in lists in Business Central. Here are the highlights:
- Filtering lists – The new filter pane on the left of the screen allows users to switch between predefined filtered views, adjust views by adding filters, or start by scratch with new filtered fields.
- Filtering totals – FlowFields from Dynamics NAV are now available in Business Central, displaying aggregated or computed values.
- Keyboard shortcuts – Users can work mouse-free using a variety of keyboard shortcuts.
Try it now by typing Shift+F3 in your online BC environment.
How to Get Started with Docker
Bill W and Kyle share instructions on how to get started with Docker, noting this blog from Freddy Kristiansen as a great starting place. It is a bit technical, but does start at the beginning with Docker and demonstration of NAV Docker containers.
Next, you’ll want to head over to the Microsoft NAV Container Help github to round out your Docker education.
October Cumulative Updates for Microsoft Dynamics NAV
Thanks to Pavithra for providing all the CUs in one place. Updates for the month of October were:
- Cumulative Update 10 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2018 (Build 24742)
- Cumulative Update 23 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2017 (Build 24745)
- Cumulative Update 36 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2016 (Build 50637)
- Cumulative Update 48 for Microsoft Dynamics NAV 2015 (Build 50638)
Perisic to Leave Microsoft
Last week, we learned that Marko Perisic will be leaving Microsoft. Perisic will be moving to a human resources software company and is looking forward to new challenges. Marko encourages us to leave a comment on his LinkedIn post or provide a recommendation on his profile. What are your thoughts on him leaving Microsoft? Share your thoughts below!
If you are interested in NAV development, be sure to see our collection of NAV Development Blogs.
Read the "How To" blogs from ArcherPoint for practical advice on using Microsoft Dynamics NAV and Dynamics 365 Business Central, and contact ArcherPoint if you need assistance with Dynamics NAV or Business Central.