ArcherPoint Dynamics NAV Developer Digest – vol 31
The ArcherPoint technical staff—made up of developers, project managers, and consultants – is constantly communicating internally, with the goal of sharing helpful information with one another.
As they run into issues and questions, find the answers, and make new discoveries, they post them companywide on Yammer for everyone’s benefit. We in Marketing watch these interactions and never cease to be amazed by the creativity, dedication, and brainpower we’re so fortunate to have in this group—so we thought, wouldn’t it be great to share them with the rest of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV Community? So, the ArcherPoint Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer Digest was born. Each week, we present a collection of thoughts and findings from the ArcherPoint staff. We hope these insights will benefit you, too.
Paul Smith on a compromised database:
In the last DB, the Item Ledger Entry (ILE) records were compromised due to some being removed. We were unable to complete a global cost roll due to an error "Open Outbound Entry 1538 Found". This was the type of error in the prior DB. The ILE line looks correct in this DB. We only have a few sales orders, all appear to have posted throughout the cycle correctly, but we get the same type of error. Has anyone else seen this and the issue that causes it? Thanks!
Rick Dill responded:
Paul, this is caused when a negative (shipment, negative adjustment, production order consumption etc.) has driven inventory negative. It is basically a subtraction from inventory that could not be applied to an Inbound (positive transaction).
You can find the ILEs by setting a filter on Positive = NO and Open = yes. You could also find it by setting a filter on the ILE table looking for transactions where the Remaining quantity = <0.
To fix, you basically have to adjust an amount into inventory to allow the negative transaction to apply itself to that positive ILE record.
Tri Luong on Database errors:
Has anyone seen this error before in NAV 2013 R2? I added a new field to a table. The error comes up during saving the table. I can open RTC and connect to database. It seems like it's related to the "Prevent data loss from table changes" flag in the Options screen. It lets me add the field when set to "No". Do I need to be running the dev environment as administrator as suggested?
Sounds like it could be a SQL permissions issue. Check the permission in SQL.
This sounds like the synchronization of the table object has not been performed and therefore the SQL Server has not been updated. If you run the Sync-NAVTenant PowerShell cmdlet, I think it will take care of this issue. This is handled much better in NAV2015, where we get prompted at compile time as to when and how we want to synchronize a table.
Tri Luong replied to Helle Madsen
I think It might also be related to the user not setup in Navision. When I run the table from the Dev environment, it tries to connect to RTC and then I get an error user doesn’t exist. The RTC icon that opens up without error might be pointing to another database.
Also check to see if the service account you are using is setup in the dbowner role in SQL. I have gotten this before when restoring a client database locally, but usually it resolves itself when I strip out user permissions and use the service account as the user.
Alan Campbell shared an article on Business Analysis Trends in 2015:
The latest predictions for business analysts and project managers from Business Analyst Times indicates industry trends for 2015 will include continued interest in Agile projects, a focus on design, cloud computing, and a greater interest in business analysis by project managers. Read the complete article: