What Does Certified for Microsoft Dynamics (CfMD) Mean?
If you are considering an Add-On for your Microsoft Dynamics NAV solution, you may have seen the Certified for Microsoft Dynamics logo. Understanding what this logo means is important when choosing a third-party product.
What the CfMD logo means to customers and prospects
This logo means the solution has met Microsoft’s highest accreditation available for partner solutions. This logo ensures the following:
- The product(s) is Dynamics specific (ERP, CRM)
- The solution has been tested for integration with the product it is intended to work with
- The product(s) has been used and is recommended by end users, the Independent Software Vendor’s (ISV) customers
- It is professionally implemented and systematically supported by the ISV or certified resellers of the ISV
The CfMD process takes about 40 days to complete and requires a fee paid for by the solution provider. Product testing is done by a third party rather than Microsoft.
5 key requirements to obtain CfMD status:
- Software Solutions Test
- Software Escrow
- Support Capabilities
- Customer References
- Partner must have Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Customer Relationship Management (CRM) competency
Visit the Business Solutions Certified for Microsoft Dynamics page for more information on CfMD or to download the CfMD solutions catalog.
Look for my next post, which will provide a checklist when considering an Add-On solution.