Business Intelligence (BI)
Business intelligence (BI) is an umbrella term that includes the applications, infrastructure and tools, and best practices that enable access to and analysis of information to improve and optimize decisions and performance. In essence, BI is the process of collecting, organizing, and analyzing data and turning it into useful and actionable information. This information provides companies greater insight into their organization, yielding new opportunities, corrections to existing procedures or processes, competitive advantages, and more, including:
- Identify top-selling products by region, store, or sales person
- Identify trends, both good and bad, early on
- Generate ad-hoc financial reports
- Track competitors in your area
- Compare information about customers, products, prices, and costs over time
BI and Microsoft Dynamics NAV
For most companies, their enterprise resource planning (ERP) software holds volumes of information that can help them make better long-term (strategic), short-term (tactical), and daily (operational) decisions. The problem is that often the data is hard to retrieve or the reporting capability of the ERP software is inadequate. Microsoft Dynamics NAV is different in that it provides an open platform that makes the data much more accessible to the user than many other ERP platforms and more useful to the enterprise for business intelligence.
Whether you are looking for a simple report to make decisions on daily manufacturing operations, or you need a comprehensive analysis before making a move into a new market, Dynamics NAV and BI software can help. These tools provide direct access to real-time, business-critical information, and a wide range of analytical tools to help you manage budgets, create and consolidate reports, and look for trends and relationships.
BI and ArcherPoint
ArcherPoint marries the structure, organization, and open platform of Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV and the power and agility of Business Intelligence to offer a wide range of consulting services for a variety of industries. We have the tools and expertise to help you take advantage of the features and functionality of both to grow your business.
BI Reporting Options with Dynamics 365 Business Central / NAV
Reporting capabilities within Microsoft Dynamics range from simple to sophisticated.. These reporting tools can be complemented by third-party software to help you create, format, and use the reporting available from your Dynamics software in a easily understood format and easily accessible when needed.
Two of the reporting options included as part of Dynamics NAV are Jet Basic from Jet Global and SQL Server Reporting Services from Microsoft.
- Jet Basic provides a simple but powerful way to access information from your Dynamics NAV database within Excel, great for financial, budget, and operational reporting.
- Power BI
These reporting tools can be complemented by third-party software to help you create, format, and use the reporting available from your Dynamics NAV software in a easily understood format and easily accessible when needed.
ArcherPoint can help you select the best reporting option for your needs and optimize your site configuration so you can quickly access the data key to your decision-making. We start by asking, What decision are you trying make? What specific data will you need for the report? How will these reports be distributed?
ArcherPoint BI Consulting
ArcherPoint offers a wide range of BI-focused consulting services. We work closely with our clients to extend the value of their Dynamics NAV and Business Central business intelligence and reporting to develop engaging business strategies, design high quality and scalable solutions, and build rich brand experiences. ArcherPoint also works closely with proven solution providers to extend the value of your Dynamics NAV business intelligence and reporting solution:
- Business Analytics Solutions: Jet Global – Powerful solutions for creating, reporting, scheduling, and automatic distribution in an easy-to-use Excel environment.
- Power BI is a business analytics service provided by Microsoft. It provides interactive visualizations with self-service business intelligence capabilities, where end users can create reports and dashboards by themselves, without having to depend on information technology staff or database administrators.
Contact ArcherPoint to schedule your demo of Power BI today.