Job Description: Senior Development Engineer, Chennai, India
The successful applicant will be an important individual contributor working within a team building a Microsoft Dynamics NAV Upgrade and Software Development Center based in Chennai, India. This role requires development and improvement of existing upgrade automation tools, as well as helping to develop new upgrade estimation tools. This role will collaborate with US-based team members in understanding the nature and requirements of assigned NAV upgrades. It will be important for this role to be an active individual contributor to performing upgrade work as well as helping to mentor others in their performance of upgrade work as the team grows.
This role requires the depth and experience of completing hands on NAV technical upgrade work combined with the ability to understand, lead, manage, and mentor technical team members in the performance of their assigned upgrade tasks. This job function is part of a team of people who liaise between our office in Chennai and their US counterparts in relation to Microsoft Dynamics NAV upgrade projects. The successful applicant must be able to communicate effectively across time zones and cultures to ensure effective communication between the team in Chennai and the team in the US.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with US Team members to understand work requirements, deliverables, timelines, and monitor team assignments and completion of work.
- Ensure quality in all work products of self and team members related to assigned projects.
- Mentor others in the performance and completion of assigned work ensuring quality of work and timely completion.
- Perform NAV upgrades from older versions to latest versions, including object upgrades and data migrations.
- Perform and coach others' work around detailed testing of code to ensure code properly compiles and functions properly.
- Train and mentor assigned team members in the performance of NAV upgrade techniques, tools, methodologies, and approaches.
- Perform and mentor others' work around NAV Forms to Pages Transformation for the Role Tailored Client (RTC).
- Perform and mentor others' work around NAV classic report layout migration for the RTC.
- Troubleshoot complex upgrade issues and resolve coding issues.
- Develop and improve upgrade automation tooling.
- Understand upgrade estimation process and develop improved ways to estimate and track upgrade project actuals versus estimates and budget.
Desired Skills & Experience
- 5-9 plus years relevant work experience with a minimum of 2-3 years working directly with Microsoft Dynamics NAV.
- Must have prior hands on experiences with C/Side C/AL programming language and techniques.
- Knowledge of prior versions of NAV through current version (objects, table structure, data model, code units, posting routines).
- Ability to perform code testing, prior experience with testing tools (MS Application Test Suite).
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve development and technical issues.
- Must have strong communication and collaboration skills.
- Must have ability to travel in short notice, travel ready.
- Functional Knowledge of Dynamics NAV desirable.
- Must have strong customer interfacing skills – including understand and interpret customer business processes and requirements.
- Must have strong project management skills – including work scheduling and allocation, exceptions handling, timelines and budget controls, etc.
- Must have ability to handle and resolve personnel conflicts.
- Must have prior hands-on experience performing NAV upgrades with NAV 2009 RTC. NAV 2013 upgrade experience highly desirable.
- Prior experience working with RDLC reporting in a Visual Studio 2008, 2010, and 2013 environments highly desirable.
- Prior experience with NAV upgrades methods, tools, and technologies highly preferred.
- Prior experience performing form to page transformations for the Role Tailored Client (RTC).
- Ability to use the NAV debugger.
ArcherPoint, Inc., is a Microsoft Dynamics ERP Gold Partner specializing in delivering integrated business solutions built on a foundation of Microsoft Dynamics NAV. We were one of the first companies to apply agile project management methodologies to the delivery of Microsoft Dynamics projects, and we pride ourselves that we honor existing commitments before we make new ones. We are passionate about delighting our clients with the value of our work and providing opportunities for our employees by investing in their professional growth.
Experience: Senior level
Location: Work from Chennai Software Development Center, Chennai, India
Travel: Some travel required