Lunch and Learn with ArcherPoint: Bar Coding in Dynamics NAV
Bar coding for labor, material, or production is a truly “must-have” technology for most projects involving anything to do with inventory. With today’s technology, there’s no reason to be afraid of embracing a barcoding solution, as long as you know what to watch out for.
This session will review available technologies, common problems to watch out for in projects, and what you can expect once you’re live.
• What hardware deployment options make sense
• Differences, advantages and disadvantages of 2D versus linear bar codes
• When tethered barcoding may make sense over mobile devices
• Real-time versus batch mode scanning
• Scalability of NAV: handling large environments if real-time scanning
• Security for handhelds – general access to device functions, communication security, etc.
• Hardware considerations: managing mobile devices, wireless networks requirements, etc.
• Options for in-house versus cloud deployments for scanner software
• How do mobile devices affect your processes
Duration: 1 hour
2:00pm Eastern/ 11:00 am Pacific