What is Jet Reports?
Jet Reports (formerly Jet Professional) puts advanced features for creating, scheduling, and automatically distributing reports directly from Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central. Because it is fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics, you can easily access and consolidate the data you need to create meaningful reports in a familiar Excel environment. Designed for department level and small business reporting, this tool provides features designed for communication and security when working with smaller groups.
Advantages of using Jet Reports Include:
- Security can be managed on two levels: Designers and Viewers. This structure allows you to manage access to information without hindering your employees’ ability to get the job done. For an added level of security for external reporting, Jet Reports lets you schedule and distribute reports in secure formats such as PDF.
- Distribution is automated with the Jet Scheduler, ensuring you get the correct information to the people who need it, and in a timely manner. It also lets you create alerts to help your employees stay on track.
- Integration with the Jet Hub allows you to organize, manage, share, access, and run reports from anywhere through a web browser. Never second guess if you are using the right report again.
- Drilldown back to Microsoft Dynamics NAV or Business Central transactions directly from Jet Reports to see the underlying transactions behind the numbers and have the answers you need.
- Advanced features let you create sophisticated operational and business reports without knowing how to program.
- You can customize down to the cell level, letting you create reports to comply with government or other requirements.
- You can access and consolidate data not only with Microsoft Dynamics NAV and 365 Business Central, but also with other sources, such as OLE/ODBC compliant applications.
Additional Jet Reports Features include:
Drag and Drop Data Browser with Data Samples, allows for verification of report accuracy by browsing information in tables and fields directly.
Report Writing Wizards let you create standardized reports, even when you’re using advanced features in Dynamics NAV and Business Central such as dimensions and flow fields.
Snippets are an easy way to store your Excel logic, increasing productivity by reducing repetition of tasks and making it easy to share with others.
Favorites let you determine what tables and fields you need for reporting, eliminating the need to sort through those that aren’t relevant. You can also share your Favorites with others.
Talk to an ArcherPoint representative about how Jet Reports can help your company improve its business intelligence and reporting.